Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Software
Mathematica is an integrated technical computing system, combining interactive calculation (both numeric and symbolic), visualization tools, and a complete programming environment.
To order this product for installation on NDSU-owned and student, faculty and staff personal computers, follow the instructions below.
NDSU-owned computers: Contact your departmental Software - Contacts to place an order.
Faculty and staff personal computers: Complete and submit the Mathematica order form to request a home-use license from Wolfram.
Student personal computers:
- Create an account (new users only), using your @ndsu.edu email address
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click Create Account
- Fill out form using your @ndsu.edu email address, and then click Create Wolfram ID
- Check your NDSU email, and then click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- Request the download and key
- Fill out the Mathematica order form to request an Activation Key
- Click the Product Summary page link to access your license
- Click Get Downloads and select Download next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key when prompted