Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Polling
Blackboard is the official Learning Management System for NDSU that connects students, faculty and staff both inside and outside of the class room.
Many instructors use Blackboard to:
- Share course syllabi and materials
- Distribute class assignments
- Assign tests
- Post grades and feedback
- Facilitate student collaboration and more
View the related resources below to learn more about Blackboard.
Most users will use their NDUS.Identifier username (jane.doe) and password. Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.
Reading the resources below or seeing how a course will be formatted allows for a more effective experience.
Learn More/How To's
- Instructor setting up a course for their students to access
- Students logging in to access their courses
- Students submitting assignments for a course
Blackboard references the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 AA) when assessing Blackboard content.
Blackboard Ally integrates into Blackboard and focuses on making digital course content more accessible.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) guidelines and digital accessibility. UDL is an educational framework for designing curriculum that provides all students equitable opportunities to learn.
- Getting Started - Where do I start, navigating outside/inside a course, find your course, personal settings, browser support, and other helpful beginner tips.
- Assignments - Create and edit assignments, assignment grade settings, multiple attempts, grade assignments, downloading, using SafeAssign, portfolios, and self and peer assessments.
- Course Content - Create content, reuse content, release content, mobile-friendly courses, course files and best practices.
- Grading - Grade reports & statistics, navigate grading, grade columns, external column, attendance, rubrics, history, and grade reports and statistics.
- Interact with Students - Announcements, email, discussions, groups, journals, blogs, wikis and other communication tools.
- Test, Pools and Surveys - Creating test/surveys, questions settings, test/survey options, question types, edit test questions and much more.
- Getting Started - Browser support, navigate inside a course, find your course, and how to succeed online.
- About You - Personal settings, profile and portfolios.
- Assignments - Submit assignments, submit group assignments, supported file types, assignment grades and more.
- Grades - My grades page, new grade alerts, submission receipts, view feedback and more.
- Interact with Others - Blogs, discussions, email, groups, journals, and other communication tools.
- Stay in the Loop - Tasks, announcements, calendar, and notifications.