Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation (UBN) Demo Sessions
The LAIC will offer demo sessions for Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation. Please note that the Zoom link below will be the same for all sessions.
- Monday, Nov. 1, 11:30 – 11:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 2. 3:00 – 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, 8:30 – 8:45 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 8, 9:00 – 9:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 1:00 – 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 3:30 – 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 1:30 – 1:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov, 17, 9:00 – 9:15 a.m. and 1:00 – 1:15 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 19, 1:00 – 1:15 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 22, 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. and 3:30 – 3:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 23, 1:00 – 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2:00 – 2:15 p.m.
Virtual Walk-In Hours available from LAIC
Learning and Applied Innovation Center (LAIC) will be offering Virtual
Walk-in hours throughout the semester. Virtual Walk-in Hours are
designed to provide faculty with the opportunity to ask a brief question
that can be answered in 5-10 mins or less. If you have more than a
brief question, please submit a Help Desk ticket for in-depth help or
request an Instructional Design consultation session.
- Thursday, Nov. 4, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 7, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 15, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 16, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 17, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Attention All Respondus 4.0 Users
You must update your Respondus 4.0 application to Version 4.0.9.01 to publish exams to Blackboard from Respondus! Until you do this you'll see an error message about incorrect credentials or the wrong version of Respondus when attempting to Publish to Blackboard.
- Open Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide
- Select Help > Check For Update
- Follow the prompts that appear to continue
Respondus 4.0 requires a new installation/activation password by July 31
of each year.
If you have Respondus 4.0 installed on your Windows computer, you MUST
update the Installation Password to continue using it after July 31.
See the NDSU Software Downloads
page for complete instructions and to get the new Installation Password (valid through the end of July 2022).
Teams Link Workaround
An issue was identified where the Microsoft Teams integration does not place a calendar item in the course. Normally, when you place a link to Teams in a Blackboard course, the link is copied to the clipboard, you would see that link in the course calendar, and you would see a new content item created in the uppermost content area within the course. This is not happening. As a workaround, we recommend manually copying the hyperlink to the Teams meeting as it is being created. Click HERE (Bb login required) to find specific instructions you can share with faculty.
New Blackboard Linking Processes for Macmillan Achieve or Sapling Content
Faculty utilizing the Macmillan deep integration linking for their Achieve or Sapling products previously accessed from Blackboard Partner Content > Content Market will need to switch the links in their Blackboard courses to the new LTI 1.3 integration links effective August 13, 2021.
Instructors should see a new link titled "Macmillan LTI Advantage Course Tools" in the Course Tools list below the Control Panel and a new link titled "Macmillan LTI Advantage Content" in the Build Content menu in any course content area.
Please note: this only affects the deep integration for Achieve or Sapling and NOT the basic Macmillan integration. Instructors that are using the basic integration have their links setup within their course using the Build Content > Web Link settings as usual.
YuJa Software Capture Update Available - Windows Users Only
YuJa released a a new Software Capture for PC version (version v10.11.1.0) on 7/11/21. This release adds an updated look and feel to the application and improves software stability across more rare scenarios.
YuJa recommends that all faculty, students, and staff update their desktop application for Windows before creating a new recording. Instructors: please inform your students using YuJa on Windows computers. This new version must be installed manually - it will not be automatically updated: