Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms
Below are updates and timely information from LAIC.
Possible Respondus LockDown Browser Error - Workaround Solution - Updated 9/15/2020
Blackboard Resolution Pending
If students report seeing "Error: Problem with Test Options for this exam.", first ask them if they were using a browser other than the LockDown Browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.). If they used the LockDown Browser and saw the error message, use the instructions provided at https://kb.ndsu.edu/105710 to add a new password in the Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard as a workaround solution for this current issue.
Do NOT add the new password in the Blackboard Test Options for this test - doing so will break the Respondus LockDown Browser requirement!
Note: This issue does not affect all tests requiring the Respondus LockDown Browser.
TurningPoint Instructors – Action Needed – Aug 2020 Security Updates - Fall Update
Zoom Chrome and Firefox Browsers
Windows: Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Upcoming Labster Training - hosted by NDUS
- Monday, August 31, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 29, 1 p.m
Zoom - Action Needed - Fall Update
YuJa Software Capture - Action Needed - Fall Update
- Uninstall the YuJa Software Capture application (instructions: Windows PCs – Macintosh)
- Open YuJa from any Blackboard course > Create Recording > Download and Install
Attention All Respondus 4.0 Users - Action Needed - Fall Update
Respondus 4.0 requires a new installation/activation password by the end of July of each year.
If you have Respondus 4.0 installed on your computer, you MUST update the activation password to continue using the software:
- Open the NDSU - SoftwareDownload page (log in with your NDUS username and password, if prompted)
- Copy the Installation Password: (valid through the end of: July 2021)
- On or after August 1, the software will prompt you to enter the new password the first time you open Respondus 4.0 – return to the Software Downloads page to copy the new installation password
Bb Annotate - Inline assignment grading replacement available now – Fall Update
- A new sidebar summary view
- Freehand drawing tools, text tools, and various color selections
- Comments can be stored in the Content Library and reused in multiple courses
- Students can print and/or download graded submissions including the annotations
- And more!