Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Services for Students & Staff
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Video/Media Options
Taking a YuJa Proctored Exam
Below are instructions on how to take a YuJa proctored exam.
To take a YuJa proctored exam, you must have:
- Computer (multiple monitors are not allowed)
- Stable Internet Connection
Note: If you are required to use both Yuja Exam Proctoring and Respondus LockDown Browser for the same test, you must start the YuJa exam recording using a different browser first (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, etc.), then close that browser and open the Respondus LockDown Browser to log in to Blackboard and begin the test.
YuJa Proctored Exam Steps
- Log into your course in Blackboard
- Select Tools > YuJa - NDSU
- Click Create Recording
- If you haven’t used YuJa on this device before, click the Download and install link
- If you see Record from your Windows PC or Mac select Start an exam proctoring session from the drop-down list
- Select your class from the second drop-down list
- Click Start Proctoring
- If prompted, select Open YuJa Software Capture
MACINTOSH USERS NOTE: If you see this message and have two monitors connected:" Invalid Proctor Setup Detected There was an error initializing your proctoring session. Please resolve the following issue(s) and restart the session; Proctor session does not support more than one monitor, please disconnect the extra ones." Click OK, disconnect one monitor and restart the recording process.
- Check to make sure your webcam video, microphone, and screen recording are working correctly. Use the menu on the left to select the correct Video and Audio sources.
- Click Photo ID
- Hold up your NDSU ID card with your picture and ID number clearly visible. Click Take Picture and Confirm when you are ready
- Click the red “Start” button when you are ready to begin the exam
- Minimize the YuJa window. Return to your course and start the exam
- When finished, Submit the exam, then click the YuJa icon on the toolbar
- Click Finish, then click Yes
Note: If the video appears in your YuJa Media Library after recording it, your instructor will not receive a copy. Contact the NDSU IT Help Desk to request the video to be moved to your instructor's YuJa account. This situation occurs if you did not select the "Start an Exam Proctoring Session" option before you started the recording.