Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Exam Management
Respondus 4.0 - Connect to Blackboard
Use the instructions below to create a connection between Respondus and Blackboard.
You must create a connection to the NDUS Blackboard server after installing the software to upload tests to Blackboard or to retrieve test data from Blackboard. This connection only needs to be created once!
Update Respondus 4.0 to the Latest Version:
- Open Respondus 4.0.
- Click Help > Check for Update.
- If an update is indicated > click Get Update.
Open a Respondus File - A file must be open before you can connect to the server or publish a test to a Blackboard course:
- Click the Start tab at the top > click Open or Create on the left, if not selected already.
- Click Open.
- Select any existing Respondus file > click Open.
Create the Connection
- Click the Preview + Publish tab at the top > click Publish on the left > click Publish Wizard.
- Leave "Publish to single course" selected.
- Blackboard Server: Select - add new server from the drop-down list.
- Leave "Yes, check for preconfigured server settings" selected > click Next.
- Enter a descriptive name (ex: NDSU Bb) > leave "Run connection test" selected > click Next.
Note: Check the “Save my User Name and Password” option ONLY if you don’t share this computer with other users.
- Click OK when you see this Respondus message box - this is not an error message:
- If you see this "Authentication Module Download" message > click OK.
- Important: WAIT for a generic browser window with the Blackboard log in screen to appear - this may take a few seconds.
- Click My Bb Login > enter your NDUS username and password, as usual.
- Once logged in to Blackboard > click "Close After Login" in the top-right corner of the browser window - do not click on anything else in this window!
- Click OK again to dismiss the Respondus message box.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Cancel > close Respondus
Note: You will use this Blackboard connection each time you publish a test to Blackboard or retrieve test data from Blackboard. You will not be prompted to install the Authentication Module Download again.