Topics Map > Services > Internet and Networking > Wireless Internet
Wireless - Guest Network
If you have any questions or need assistance, email the IT Help Desk or call at 701-231-8685
Generate an NDSU Guest password
Before the guest can connect to the NDSU Guest network, the NDSU employee hosting the guest will need to generate a password following the steps below.
- Go to https://apps2.ndsu.edu/guest-wireless
- Click Login in the top right corner
- Enter your NDSU electronic ID and password to obtain a guest password
- Follow the instructions to generate a guest password for today or for future use or multiday use
- Set the Start Date the guest password will need to start on (current date or future date)
- Enter the reason for the password in the Note field
- Select the Number of Days the password will need to be valid for (maximum of 10 days)
- Once the expiration date is reached the password will no longer work for the guest
- Click the I Agree button to generate the password
- Provide the password and connection instructions to your guest(s).
- Separate passwords can be created for each guest, or one password can be shared with multiple guests.
Connecting to the NDSU Guest network
The guest can follow the instructions below to connect to the NDSU Guest network after the NDSU Employee hosting them provides them with the generated password
- Connect to the NDSU Guest wireless network in the device's WiFi settings
- Open a web browser and go to any web page
- Enter your full name and the password provided to you by an NDSU employee, and then click Submit