Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > NDSU ID Card
NDSU ID Card - Getting Your Card
Below are instructions and all the things you need in order to get your NDSU ID Card.
To obtain an NDSU ID Card
Photos can be submitted through Online Photo Submission. To upload your photo, go to https://webcard.ndsu.edu/login/
- Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open. Please make sure to have even lighting on the front of your face.
- Leave a margin around a full head shot when you crop your photo
- The most common reasons for rejecting a photo: lighting is poor and is creating strong shadows on the face, discolored or filter used.
- No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments of any sort that obstruct the view of your face. No other people or objects in photo.
- Submit a color photograph against a plain background (can be a color) that your hair shows up.
- No copyrighted materials.
- Subject must have a natural expression and facing forward. We encourage smiling!
- Only .JPEG images are accepted. MINIMUM SIZE= 500x500
- Upload a picture of a government ID. Skip the request to download the software.
- Mac Users: Email a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT email a copy/photo of your government issued ID.
- Check your NDSU email for your response; within 24 hours M-F.
- Use your NDSU Credentials (Electronic ID) to log in
When picking up your NDSU Card, you must present a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID or Tribal ID)
- Make certain it is a photo you want. Requesting a reprint for vanity reasons will result in purchasing another card
- Submitting a photo other than your own is fraud. University policies regarding fraud will be enforced
NDSU chose U.S. Bank as its partner to offer students the option to add banking functionality to the campus ID card. For more information, check out the U.S. Bank checking account with student benefits at U.S. Bank
Lost ID Cards:
If your ID is lost or misplaced, deactivate your card online, call NDSU Police at 231-8998, or 231-6252 during business hours. The replacement cost of a lost card from the NDSU Card Center, Memorial Union, is $20.00. You may pay for the new card by charging to student account, cash, or card.
Damaged ID Cards:
Replacement cost is $10.00 if you turn in the damaged card at time of replacement. ID cards are used for access control and if a card becomes damaged, it could render it unusable. Punching a hole, bending, excessive dirt, scratching, or cracking the card will damage the card. You may pay for the new card by charging to student account, cash, or card.