LockDown Browser FAQs
Below are frequently asked questions about Respondus LockDown Browser.
1. Is Respondus LockDown Browser free for students and instructors?
Yes, licensing costs are paid by the University.
2. Where can I get the NDUS Respondus LockDown Browser?
You must use the NDUS-specific LockDown Browser link provided. If you have used the LockDown Browser at a University outside of the NDUS system, uninstall it from your computer and reinstall it from the NDUS link.
3. Is Respondus LockDown Browser the same as the ALEKS LockDown Browser?
No, the ALEKS LockDown Browser is used only with exams within the third-party ALEKS product used with Blackboard.
4. What should I do if I get "kicked out" of a Blackboard exam that requires the LockDown Browser?
Once the Internet connection is restored, launch the LockDown Browser and log in to Blackboard again, then open the exam to continue, if allowed. Contact your instructor if you are unable to restart the exam.
5. Can YuJa Exam Proctoring be used along with the Respondus LockDown Browser?
Yes, instructors may require students to use both YuJa Exam Proctoring and the Respondus LockDown Browser. Students must start the YuJa proctored exam recording in a different browser first, then open the LockDown Browser to take the exam.
6. Can instructors require Respondus Monitor with the Respondus LockDown Browser?
No,Respondus Monitor is a separate product not licensed by the University.
7. What if my student is ‘kicked out’ of the test or Respondus LockDown Browser ‘freezes’ while taking the test?
Have the student contact you to request another test attempt if they weren’t able to continue the test.
8. What if my student is prompted to enter a password, even if the exam doesn’t require one?
Make sure they aren’t trying to open the test in a browser other than Respondus LockDown Browser. If they ARE using the LockDown Browser and see the password prompt, you will need to reset the Respondus LockDown Browser requirement.
9. What if students see “There is a problem with the LockDown Browser settings for this test.”
Reset the Respondus LockDown Browser requirement.