Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard for Instructors - Interacting with Students
Blackboard has multiple tools that can assist instructors to create engaging courses to build effective learning communities.
OverviewStudent-to-student and instructor-to-student interaction is a vital part of any course experience. In a classroom setting, this interaction happens naturally, as students listen to each other’s comments, ask each other questions, and build rapport through frequent contact. Instructors can foster these interactions in a course using Blackboard, but it may require building formal and informal interaction opportunities in your course design.
- Announcements - ideal way to post welcome and time-sensitive information to course success
- Discussion Boards - how to create, manage, and grade
- Email - send emails to your students from Blackboard to their NDSU email
- Groups - create groups within your course
- Blogs - blog types, create a blog, create entries, comment,
- Journals - can be private or course journals
- Messages - private and secures communication within your course
- NDSU VoiceThread - collaborate, present, and discuss