Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Plagiarism Checker
Below is an overview of the SafeAssign tool in Blackboard.
SafeAssign is available in all Blackboard courses as a tool to teach students how to work with sources, to raise awareness of paraphrasing and quoting skills. SafeAssign compares submitted assignments against multiple sources to identify areas of overlap between the submissions and existing works.
- Instructors have the option to enable SafeAssign for Blackboard-submitted assignments and to review the Originality Report generated for each student
- Instructors can have students submit a draft to view the Originality report for review to make changes and submit the assignment
- Students can view the Originality Reports to learn what plagiarism is and understand how to cite sources properly
Learn More/How To's
- Use SafeAssign in Assignments
- Grade with SafeAssign
- Using Direct Submit
- Interpreting the Originality Report
- Consider SafeAssign as a teaching tool rather than a deterrent or surveillance device
- Use SafeAssign to review assignment submissions for originality and create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources rather than paraphrase
- Blackboard is fully committed to ensuring all products and services are both usable and accessible to all users regardless of age, ability, or situation.
- SafeAssign is designed and developed in accordance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States. Accessibility Documentation.