Topics Map > Services > Training and Workshops
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Polling
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Student Quickstart Guide
A quickstart guide for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Log into Blackboard.
- Navigate to the course that you are trying to connect to.
- On the left-hand side of the course menu, select "Tools" then select "Blackboard Collaborate Ultra".
- If a special session has been made, click on the session, then click "Join Session".
- If no special session has been made, click on the course room that appears above all the sessions, then click "Join Course Room" (See image above).
To view the sessions, click the menu option. Recording your sessions is one of the options available in the session menu.
The following picture shows the Participant view from inside the meeting.
It has several options at the bottom which are:
Mute or unmute microphone
Share or hide camera
Raise or lower your hand.
In the bottom right corner there is an option "Collaborate Panel". Open the collaborate panel to access chat boards, participant lists, to share content and more.
The collaborate panel has several buttons.
Conduct side discussions with the individuals or entire class in the chat panel
View participants and their status. Promote participants to moderators or presenters.
Adjust audio and video settings and other meeting room preferences.
Share Content as PowerPoint presentations and handout poll/survey participants for instant feedback or assign participants to breakout groups
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking to help reduce unwanted noise.
- Always test your microphone, speakers and camera in advance so you are ready to click and join at the start of the meeting.
- If audience does not join the video conference they may also join (audio only) by telephone.
How To Find The Recordings
This section will show you how to find the Blackboard Collaborate recordings.
- First, you will open Blackboard and go to the course you want to find the recording for and along the left side you will click tools.
2. Then look for the link titled “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra” and click that.
3. Then click on the three lines and switch your view from sessions to recordings.
4. Look for the recording you want and click the three dotes in a circle on the right on the recording you want.
5. Then you will see options to watch or download the recording (if the instructor has allowed for downloading)