Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard - Copying Exams to Another Course
Instructors can use these steps to export and import Blackboard tests, surveys, and pools to use in other courses or share with other instructors.
Import or Export Tests, Surveys, and Pools
Blackboard tests, surveys, and pools can be exported from a course as ZIP files and imported into another course:
- Open the course where the exam is currently stored
- Select Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools > Tests
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the exam to be exported > Export to Local Computer > Save File (if prompted)
- Open the course where the exam will be imported
- Select Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools > Tests > Import Test
- Browse to select the exported ZIP file > Open > Submit
Note: Macintosh users may need to change the Safari Preferences to prevent auto-unpacking the ZIP file before exporting an exam:
- Open Safari
- Click Preferences on the Safari menu
- Select the General tab > uncheck the "Open "safe" files after downloading" option
The same steps can be used to export and import Blackboard Surveys and Pools.