Topics Map > Teaching HyFlex
Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Video Conferencing
Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Video Streaming
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Web Conferencing
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Video/Media Options
Zoom - Immersive View, Emojis, and Vanishing Pen Available
Upgrade your Zoom to use the new Immersive View and set the scene for your next meeting. Zoom's Immersive View allows you to select a background and place meeting attendees in it. You can even add your own scenes. Where will you meet? Also more emojis and new vanishing pen for annotation available.
The newest Zoom update allows you to invite more participation and add everyone’s video inside a new shared scene, including one you upload yourself. The new Immersive View is only active for Hosts of a Zoom room; however, a Host can give Host permission to anyone else in your room. Zoom also now offers more emojis and a vanishing pen!
Immersive Features for Your Zoom Sessions
Before Your Meeting
- Update to the newest version of Zoom - version 5.6.3 or higher.
- Log in to NDSU.Zoom.us and go to Settings > Meetings > Advanced to turn on Immersive View.
Immersive View in Meeting
- Sign into your Zoom Client (Turn on in Settings prior to meeting)
- This feature is available to the Host only, but a host can assign another person as Host (under Participants > More)
- Click View (upper right corner of video screen), select Immersive View, and choose one of the Scene options
- Click Start
Place participants into view - Automatically - or, Manually
- Each scene allows a different number of participant video images.
- Click the + to add your own scene image.
- Click on anyone’s image to move/resize it.
- Users may need to log in to their Zoom Client or they see only the camera images, and not the scene. Ask your attendees to log into Zoom before joining the meeting.
- Test before the meeting with a friend.
- Immersive view does not carry into Breakout rooms and is not available during Screen Share.
- Immersive view is not available on Chromebooks, iPads or any device that doesn’t support virtual backgrounds.
Select Reactions and click on the three dots to expose more emoji options.
More emojis available ....
Available to the person sharing their screen: Select Annotate, Spotlight, and the Pen icon. The drawing disappears after 2 seconds.