Topics Map > Services > Security
Camera System Request
Departments requesting a camera system must go through a vetting process that includes the Director of University Police and Safety, and the IT Division. The directions below lay out the process. Vendors must demonstrate and provide documentation that they adhere to industry best practices.
- Obtain a letter of attestation from the equipment provider that there aren't any devices or components in the system that are manufactured by any of the entities listed by The Secure Networks Act
- Due to Federal Regulations we cannot process this request without this letter.
- Fill out the form located here: https://ndstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_07KNo7SDwk969XU to have the Director, Univ Police & Safety review the request
- Once approved, a review of the vendor will be started by IT Security - The vendor review will need to include a Network Map, how the devices will secure themselves or how the system will be secured
- Once approved, Fill out the form located here: https://ndstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e4hSWR2Vsdt2b8V to request a DNS name and Static IP address for the system.
Camera systems must not include any devices or components that are included in the List of Equipment or Services in The Secure Networks Act: https://www.fcc.gov/supplychain/coveredlist