Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage)
Microsoft Teams - Join and Schedule Meetings
Below is an overview of the calendar feature in Microsoft Teams.
Your calendar in Teams is connected to your NDSU O365 calendar. Because of this, when you schedule a meeting in Outlook, it will show up in Teams, and vice versa.
Join a Meeting in Teams
Join from Calendar
- Select Calendar on the left side of Teams to view your meetings.
- Find the meeting you want and select Join.
- Or, if someone starts the meeting, you'll get a notification you can use to join.
Join in a Channel
If a meeting takes place in a channel, you'll see an invitation to join, relevant content, and who's in the meeting right in the channel. Just select Join.
Join from Chat
If the meeting has already begun, it appears in your recent chat list. Select the meeting in your chat list and then select Join at the top of the chat.
If you're unable to use the Teams app or Teams on the web, you can join some meetings by calling a phone number. If there's a phone number and conference ID in the meeting invite, just dial the number to join. The number in your invitation may not be local to you. Select Find a local number to get one that is.
Scheduling a Meeting in Teams
- Go to Calendar on the left side of the app and select New meeting in the top right corner.
- Select a range of time in the calendar. A scheduling form will pop open.
- In the scheduling form, give the meeting a title, invite people, and add meeting details. Use the Scheduling Assistant to find a time that works for everyone.
- Once you are done filling out the details, select Save.
Scheduling a Channel Meeting in Teams
- Select New Meeting
- Type the name of the channel where it says Add channel (under the time and date fields)
- Channels cannot be edited or added once the invite is sent. You will need to send a new invite with the updated channel.
Scheduling a Teams Meeting from Outlook
- To schedule a meeting, open Outlook and switch to the calendar view. Click New Teams Meeting at the top of the view.
- Add your invitees to the Required or Optional field(s)—you can even invite entire contact groups (formerly known as distribution lists).
- Add your meeting subject, location, start time, and end time.
- Create your message.
- Then click Send.
For more information on Calendar in Microsoft Teams, visit the Microsoft support page.