Topics Map > Teaching HyFlex
Topics Map > Learning HyFlex
Topics Map > Services > Accessibility and Universal Design
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard Ally is integrated into all NDSU Blackboard courses as of 12/23/2020. This page provides an overview of the Ally tool.
Blackboard Ally supports diversity, equity, and inclusive learning following Universal Design for Learning's three principles of engagement, representation and action/expression in a way that equitably benefits all students, faculty, and staff.
- Ally automatically creates alternative versions of most course content so students can access the material in a format that best suits their needs.
- Alternative formats generated by Ally support the principles of Universal Design for Learning.
- Ally provides useful tips and steps instructors can take to improve the accessibility of their course content.
- Ally eliminates the need for instructors to use multiple tools to check course materials for accessibility issues.
See how Ally works (video - 1:28)
- Blackboard Ally Basics
- Accessibility Checklist
- Ally Accessibility Checklist FAQs
- Universal Design for Learning
- Basic Guidelines for Creating Accessible Documents
- Blackboard Ally Quick Start for Instructors
- Instructor FAQs for Blackboard Ally
- Using the Course Accessibility Report
- Blackboard Ally Quick Start for Students
- Student FAQs for Blackboard Ally
- Which Alternative Format should I use?
- Adding Headings to a Document - Microsoft Word
- Using the Accessibility Checker in Microsoft Office Applications
- Add Alternative Text to Images in Microsoft Office Documents
- Add Alternative Text to Images in Blackboard
- Add Headings in the Blackboard Content Editor
- Understand and Fix Text Contrast Issues
- Improve Accessibility for Scanned PDFs
- Add Headers to Document Data Tables
- Keep Documents and Presentations Accessible When Converting to PDF (Tag a PDF)
- How to Correct Scanned PDFs
- Create Accessible File Names (video - 1:57)