Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Video/Media Options
Create Recordings Using YuJa
This information will help instructors, staff, and students recording content using YuJa.
Users will log into YuJa through Blackboard and use their NDSU Identifier username (first.last), and password. You only need to install the YuJa Software Capture Application once on your computer. If you are using the instructor's computer in an instrumented classroom, YuJa is already installed. Please note, Chromebooks are not supported at this time.
Installing YuJa Software Capture Application
- Select "Tools" > scroll to the bottom of the page > select "YuJa - NDSU"
- Select "Create Recording" at the top of the YuJa Media Library page
- Click the"First time user? Download and install" link.
- Step through the installation processes shown.
To learn more about downloading the YuJa Software Captures Application watch this short on-demand video - Getting Started with YuJa - Installing YuJa Software Capture (3:54).
Start Recording a Video
- Select Create Recording at the top of the YuJa Media Library page.
- From the dropdown menu select Record from your Windows PC or Mac, then click Start.
- Enter a Title and Description.
- Set/test your video, audio, and screen preferences in the configuration menu on the left side of the Software Capture preview page.
- Confirm the settings in the preview window and check the audio indicator to make sure the microphone is working.
- Click “Start” to begin recording.
To learn more about recording a YuJa video watch this short on-demand video - Getting Started with YuJa - Recording Your Video (6:50).