Topics Map > Teaching HyFlex
Topics Map > Learning HyFlex
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Synchronous Online Instruction
Zoom - Personalize Your Account
Personalize your Zoom account with a profile picture and more to help others get to know you.
You can personalize your Zoom account by adding a Profile Picture, Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link.
Adding a Profile Picture
It’s a good idea to have a profile photo for your Zoom account. When you turn your camera off everyone in the meeting can see your picture. This helps everyone to get to know who you are and create a sense of community in the online meeting. You can change you picture are any time.
Fun Idea: If you are wearing a mask in the live video, add a picture of you without a mask. Do the opposite if you have no mask in the live video, include a photo of what you look like in a mask.
- Log into the NDSU.Zoom.us web portal
- Click on Profile, top left side of page
- You will see page with your name, no picture and a link to change.
- Click on the Change link to add your profile picture. Picture must be .jpg/jpeg, .gif or .png with a size smaller than 2M.
- Click on the Upload button and Browse your computer for the picture you would like to use.
- Your picture will show up in a window allowing you to adjust make some adjustment to the cropping of the picture.
- Once set the way you want, click Save.
Create Your Personal Meeting ID
- Click on the Edit link in the Personal Meeting ID section, below the profile picture.
- Enter a 10-digit number, your choice, for your Personal Meeting ID
- Click the box to Use Personal Meeting ID for instant meetings
Create Your Personal Link
- Click on the Customize link in the Personal Link section
- Enter your Person Link Name in the portion of the existing URL, using 5 to 40 characters (letter, numbers and period only)
- Click Save Changes
Add a Virtual Background
Zoom Virtual Background feature allows you to use one of several sample background images or to create your own. It is recommended to have a physical green screen so you don't have image distortions and your move around on the Zoom screen, but it is not required. Upload your own background images. No size restrictions, just make sure the image is captured using 16:9, 12 x 720 or 1920 x 1080. That way it fits the Zoom frame without distortions.
Zoom provides great instructions and a video walk through at their Virtual Background webpage.
Also included are steps to include a video background. (MP4 or MOV file) There are a couple video backgrounds included in your Zoom desktop client to try out. If you create your own, keep it simple and not distracting. When you turn your camera on you want everyone to see who you are.