Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Zoom - Import Meeting Created in Web Portal into Blackboard
Zoom meetings created in the NDSU Zoom Web Portal can be imported into a Blackboard course for easier student and instructor access.
If a Zoom meeting was first scheduled using the NDSU Zoom Web Portal it can be integrated into a Blackboard course by using the Import function.
Pre-Assigned Breakout Rooms Note: You may have initially created the Zoom session in the portal if you planned to create Pre-Assigned Breakout Rooms. The Blackboard Zoom integration does not have the feature to add Pre-Assigned Breakout Rooms to the meeting. When Breakout Rooms are created in the Web Portal and imported into Blackboard, the Breakout Rooms will work when the meeting starts.
- Once the meeting has been scheduled in the NDSU Zoom Web Portal, write down or copy the Meeting ID. Example: 598-378-1742.
- Log into Blackboard go to the course for the Zoom meeting.
- Click on the Zoom link in your course. You will see the Zoom LTI integration window listing Upcoming, Previous, Personal Meetings and Cloud Recording tabs.
- Above the tabs, on the top right click on the Three Dots and select Import Meeting.
- A dialog box will appear with a space to add the Meeting ID you just copied from the portal.
- Paste or enter you Meeting ID and click Import.
- The Web Portal created meeting is now included in your Blackboard course for students to log in to and for you to start the meeting.
- Students will also be able to view recordings when class is ended and processing completed by Zoom.