Topics Map > Teaching HyFlex
Topics Map > Learning HyFlex
Topics Map > Services > Internet and Networking
Tips to Increase Connection During a Synchronous Session
Below are tips to increase your connection during a synchronous session.
Use wired connection
- Wired connections transmit your data in a much more efficient way than wireless ones. Therefore, you should consider attaching an Ethernet cable to your device as this can significantly increase your bandwidth. Don’t forget to run a test afterwards to see if there’s any improvement.
- In case everything remains the same, contact your ISP to figure things out or try check other options that we’ve mentioned.
Try different browsers
- The browser you use can also affect the quality of your web access. Chrome and Firefox are browsers that are most recommended to use due to reliability. Thus, do not forget to download new browser updates when they become available.
- If you keep your browser up to date but the problem remains, you can even try to switch it for another one to see if this makes a difference.
Turn off background apps
- The apps you leave running in the background can slow down your system or even consume some extra bandwidth.
- Therefore, you might want to manually disable such apps each time your OS loads or maybe even go to the settings and uncheck the box that makes them boot automatically.
- Not only will this improve the overall performance of your system, but it will also improve the throughput capacity of your network.
Turn off camera
- Using your camera during synchronous session can use up a lot of bandwidth, turning it off can make your connection stronger