Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Web Publishing
Topics Map > Services > Systems and Infrastructure for IT Partners > Web Publishing
NDSU has multiple services for web publishing, including CMS TYPO3, Google Sites, Pubweb and Sharepoint.
CMS is the primary platform for publishing web content at www.ndsu.edu. Authors do not need to know web programming and instead use a browser-based rich text editor to contribute content. CMS has a built-in workflow so that contributors can be authors only or authors and publishers.
Google Sites is a structured wiki- and Web page-creation tool. Sites allow anyone to create a team-oriented web sites where multiple people can collaborate and share files.
- Create, manage, and publish web pages
- Organize and move content around
- Share your site to collaborate with colleagues
- Web sites may be public or limited to ndsu.edu personnel
Pubweb service is an option for hosting Web content at NDSU. Departments using pubweb to publish web content must employ or contract the expertise necessary to construct and maintain the site content.
- Access granted to the owner
- URL like www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~ownerID/
- 100 MB base storage at no charge. Additional storage space is currently available at no charge
SharePoint is space where you can share documents with NDSU colleagues (not with external parties). The documents are in the Microsoft cloud, so you can access them from any computer with Internet access. One person creates a site and shares it with others on the team. All team members then can edit the documents, so it's an easy and secure way to collaborate with colleagues.