Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard - Final Grade Integration to Campus Connection
Below are instructions for importing final grades from Blackboard into Campus Connection.
Faculty have the option to import final grades into Campus Connection (CC). This integration allows the instructor of record to import final grades from Blackboard courses directly into Campus Connection. There are two steps to the process, first entering all student final grades in Blackboard using the letter grades specified by Registration and Records.
- Step One: Enter Final Grades in Blackboard
- Step Two: Importing Grades into Campus Connection
- Type a final grade in the column
- Set this column as the External Grade column. The green check mark is a visual indicator that it is the External Grade column.
- To set the “CC Final Grade” column to the External Grade: Select the context menu to the right of the column name and select Set as External Grade in the menu. The green check will appear to the left of the new selection.
- Set the desired column as the External Grade column.
- Change the Primary display of the column to a Grading Schema that matches the Campus Connection Grading Basis [CC Final Grade (GRD)].
- To set the desired column to the External Grade:
- Select the context menu to the right of the column name and click Set as External Grade in the menu.
- The green check will appear.
- To change the Column Primary Display:
- Select the option menu for the grade column and select Edit Column Information.
- Set the primary display to the proper grading schema in the drop-down selection (CC Final Grade (GRD). For more information on changing the grading schemas, refer to the Grading Schema section.
For information on Grading Schemas, check out our Blackboard - Instructor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Log into Campus Connection and navigate to
- Faculty Center
- Grade Roster
- Click on the Import Grades button. This will import the Blackboard grades displayed in the “CC Final Grade” column OR any other column set as the External Grade column.
- After grades are imported from Blackboard, it is important to review the results. If the "Grade Import Error Log link displays, you need to click on it to review errors. If necessary, instructors can override the imported grade by choosing the dropdown arrow and selecting a different grade.
- Error: Student does not exist in LMS:
- The students do not exist in the Blackboard course.
- Students exist but no grades have been entered in the Blackboard course.
- If the students do not exist in Blackboard, manually enter the grades in the Grade Roster in Campus Connection.
- If the students exist in Blackboard, add grades in Blackboard and then import the grades into Campus Connection.
- Error: Student does not exist on Roster -
- Students exist in Blackboard but are not enrolled in Campus Connection.
- Resolution: You are not able to enter grades for these students until the students are enrolled in Campus Connection.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office on how to handle this situation.
- Error: The grade submitted is not a valid grade for the student
- The grade entered in Blackboard is not a valid grade for this class in Campus Connection.
- Resolution: Best practice is to enter the valid grade in Blackboard and select Import Grades again in Campus Connection.
- This will ensure consistency between the grade in Blackboard and the grade in Campus Connection.
- Click on the roster grade dropdown in Campus Connection to see which grades are valid for this course.
- Error: Unable to import grades
- Most commonly the student has a W in Campus Connection, meaning the student dropped the course.
- Resolution: No action is needed.
- Grade all students in Blackboard in the master (parent) course.
- In Campus Connection, you will import grades for each section.
- When you import grades in the first section, all grades will populate for the students in this section; and students in the other section(s) will show in the ‘Grade Import Error Log’ with the error ‘Student does not exist on Roster’.
- Repeat the grade import process for each section in Campus Connection. Be sure to review the results to ensure all students are graded in Campus Connection.
- FN, UN - Use these grades when a student stops attending class, and earned an F or U. You will need to enter the last date of attendance in the Grade Roster in Campus Connection.
- FNN, UNN - Use these grades when a student never attends your class.