Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard is the official Learning Management System for NDSU that connects students, faculty and staff both inside and outside of the class room.
Many instructors use Blackboard to:
- Share course syllabi and materials
- Distribute class assignments
- Assign tests
- Post grades and feedback
- Facilitate student collaboration and more
Most users will use their NDSU.Identifier username (jane.doe) and password. Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.
View the related resources below to learn more about Blackboard.
- [Link for document 103290 is unavailable at this time.]
- Blackboard - Mobile
- Quick Start Videos - Faculty
- Quick Start Videos - Students
Blackboard on Demand Resources - Instructors
- Getting Started - Browser support, navigating inside a course, personal settings and other helpful beginner tips.
- Assignments - Create and edit, grade settings, multiple attempts, downloading, and self/peer assessments.
- Course Content - Create content, reuse content, release content, mobile-friendly courses, course files and best practices.
- Grading - Navigate grading, grade columns, external column, attendance, rubrics, history, and grade reports and statistics.
- Interact with Students - Announcements, email, discussions, groups, journals, blogs, wikis and other communication tools.
- Test, Pools and Surveys - Creating test/surveys, questions settings, test/survey options, question types, edit test questions and much more.
Blackboard on Demand Resources - Students
- Getting Started - Browser support, navigate inside a course, find your course, and how to succeed online.
- About You - Personal settings, profile and portfolios.
- Assignments - Submit assignments, submit group assignments, supported file types, assignment grades and more.
- Grades - My grades page, new grade alerts, submission receipts, view feedback and more.
- Interact with Others - Blogs, discussions, email, groups, journals, and other communication tools.
- Stay in the Loop - Activity stream, announcements, calendar, course notices and notifications.