Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard Manager - Activating, Copying and Merging Multiple Sections
Instructions for activating, copying and merging multiple course sections into one Blackboard parent course.
- Login to Blackboard.
- Click the Institution Page link on the left. In the Blackboard Support module on the right, click the Bb Manager (Instructors only) - activate, copy & merge courses link.
- Click the Blackboard Manager Login link.
- Log into CAS using the same credentials you use to log into an NDSU computer.
Select Merge Sections to combine multiple sections of a course (i.e. 400/600 level courses, etc.) into one Blackboard course shell:
- At the Course Wizard page, select the correct term, click Merge Sections and Next.
- The courses where you are listed as an instructor in Campus Connection for the selected term appear for you to activate/merge.You only need to activate/merge courses where you will use Blackboard.
- In the “Master course name” field, type a name for the parent course. The suggested format includes the: term, dept. acronym, course number, course title and “Parent”. Students do not see this title -- they see the course title as it appears in Campus Connection.
Course title example: Fall 2019: CHEM 101 – Introduction to Chemistry - Parent
- Check the boxes to the left of each course section to be merged.
- Click Next.
- If you DON’T want to copy any content, click the Skip the Copy Step link to proceed to the validation page.
- A final validation page appears. If everything is correct, click Submit Request.
When the “Course Wizard: Copy” page appears:
To Copy Previous Course Content
- Click on the name of the previous course to be copied.
- Note: the “Course Id” displays the term and class number of the course, make sure it is from a previous semester. This information assists in choosing the correct course to copy.
- Note: The Course should be the current semester parent course and the Copy Source should be your previous course number.