Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard Manager - Activating, Copying and Merging Multiple Sections
Below are instructions for activating, copying and merging multiple sections into one Blackboard Master Course.
- Login to Blackboard
- Select My NDSU on the top right.
- Click the “NDSU Course Activation” tab at the top of the Blackboard window
- Click “Login to Bb Manager” link
- Log into CAS using the same credentials you use to log into NDSU computer labs.
Select Merge Sections to combine multiple sections of a course (i.e. 400/600 level courses, etc.) into one Blackboard course shell
- At the Course Wizard, Click the correct “Term”, Click “Merge Sections” and Next
The Campus Connection course(s) where you are listed as instructor will appear for you to activate/merge.
- In the “Master course name” field, type in a name for the master course. The suggested format includes the: term, dept. acronym, course number, course title and “Master”. Students do not see this title, they see the course title as it appears in Campus Connection.
Course title example: Fall 2019: CHEM 101 – Introduction to Chemistry - Master
- Check the boxes to the left of each course section to be merged.
- Click Next
You will be brought to “Course Wizard: Copy” page.
To Copy Previous Course Content
- Click on the name of the course to copy from.
Note: the “Course Id” displays the class number of the course, make sure it is from a previous course. This information assists in choosing the correct course to copy from.
- A final validation appears. If everything is correct, click Submit Request.
If you “copied content”, the Copy Source ID will also display. NOTE: The Course should be the current semester course and the Copy Source should be your previous course number!