Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > NDSU ID Card
NDSU ID Card - Submitting an Online Photo
Below are instructions for submitting an online photo for your NDSU ID.
Please keep the following in mind before taking/selecting your photo:
- Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open.
- Make sure to have even lighting on the front of your face.
- The most common reasons for rejecting a photo: lighting is poor and is creating strong shadows on the face, discolored or filter used.
- Leave a margin around a full head shot when you crop your photo.
- No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments of any sort that obstruct the view of your face.
- Head coverings are allowed if worn daily for religious purposes.
- No other people or objects in photo.
- Must be a color photograph against a plain background (can be a color).
- Subject must have a natural expression and facing forward. We encourage smiling!
- No copyrighted materials.
- .jpg, .png and .gif formats accepted
Submitting Your Photo
To submit your photo, please follow these instructions:
An email will arrive to our university email address communicating the approval or denial of your photo.
- Log into https://idphoto.ndsu.edu with your NDSU credentials (Electronic ID).
- Review the photo requirements on the upload page to be sure your photo meets them and click the cloud icon.
- Browse to select the photo you want to use or if you are using a mobile device, use your device's camera to take a photo of yourself. Wait for your photo to finish processing to proceed.
- Click the cloud icon again and browse to select the photo of our government-issued ID or if your using a mobile device, take a photo of it. Again, wait for your photo to process.
- You should soon see both your personal photo and government ID together. If you are happy with your submission, click Submit and Sign Out.
Having trouble accessing the site? Try clearing your cache and cookies.