Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard - Archive & Retention Process
Below is the process of NDUS Blackboard archives and retention.
- The NDSU Blackboard course Archive and Retention process is maintained by the NDUS Blackboard SaaS system. It is based on the NDUS Retention Policies, 020203 - Academic Administrative Records and 020601 – Grade Book (Class Record).
- Every semester an archive (complete copy) is created of each term-based course. This process begins on the first Friday after grades are due.
- The archived courses will be created by the NDUS Bb SaaS Hosting team. They will be stored on the NDUS Bb Course Archive file share by Core Technology Systems (CTS) and institutions will have access to the archives.
- Courses will be removed from the NDUS Blackboard SaaS system after 1 year + 1 semester.
- Removal Process:
- Courses will be disabled
- Courses will be removed
- Blackboard SaaS Clean-up Schedule, as provided by CTS
The archived course packages will be maintained based on the NDUS Retention Policy as detailed below:020203 - ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE RECORDS
This includes Course filesACFY+5 - After Current Fiscal Year Plus 5 Years020601 - GRADE BOOK (CLASS RECORD)ACFY+5 - After Current Fiscal Year Plus 5 Years
- Removal of archive packages will be done at the end of the retention period by NDUS.Clean-up Schedule