Frequently asked questions and their answers about the YouTube channel that comes with your NDSU account.
1. May I add another person as an owner or collaborator to my individual YouTube channel?
Channels belonging to an individual cannot have multiple owners or managers. For collaboration, you may create a shared YouTube Channel, called a Brand Account.
2. How do I create and manage a shared YouTube channel?
The Google Manage your Brand Account support page provides information, how-to's, and other help documents about creating Brand Accounts that may be used for collaboration.
3. How do I transfer primary ownership of a shared YouTube channel?
The creator of a channel is its primary owner. Primary ownership may be transferred to co-owners, but there is a 24-hour delay between the request and the actual transfer of primary ownership. The Change who manages your Brand Account page provides information on how to change user roles.
4. What happens when your Google account is disabled or deleted?
When your Google account is disabled or deleted, your individual channel and channels for which you are a primary owner, will also be disabled or deleted. In order to retain Brand Account channels and their content, primary ownership must be transferred to another owner.
5. How do I change my YouTube password?
You use your NDSU electronic ID and passphrase to log into YouTube password. Please see Account Management for information on changing your passphrase and managing your NDSU account.