Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Video Conferencing
Video Conferencing - ITS Support Policy for Video Rooms
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
The support provided by the Classroom Technologies Group for classes, meetings, and other events scheduled in the following video rooms: EML 170, EML 183 and QBB 422 is as follows:
For classes hosted by NDSU:
Dedicated technician coverage is provided for the duration of the class.
For meetings and other events attended by NDSU faculty, staff, and students:
The Classroom Technologies Group will:
- Open the room
- Turn on the equipment
- Assist with roll call
- Connect a laptop computer to the videoconferencing equipment if needed
- Provide a phone number for troubleshooting assistance (The technician will not be in the room).
Additional services provided:
- Recommend videoconferencing equipment that meets campus and state standards
- Maintain contact information for all IP-based video units located on campus
- Maintain a database of videoconference systems used at NDSU
- Coordinate the scheduling of the dedicated IVN videoconferencing rooms
- Serve as the videoconferencing contact for campus and outside entities
- Provide support and training for departmental videoconferencing contacts
- Provide training on videoconferencing equipment
- Provide support and training in best-use practices for faculty using video rooms
- Install software upgrades of videoconferencing units
- Install and configure new videoconferencing equipment and peripherals
- Provide technicians for IVN classes hosted by NDSU
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance
For off-campus clientele:
IVN events: Follow the IVN fee schedule that can be found here.
Non-IVN events: Dedicated technician coverage is provided at $40/hour.
Access charges (including administrative, video test, and room charge) are $25 for 1-4 hours or $50 a day.
Contact Daniel Erichsen at email@example.com or (701) 793-3105 with any questions or to schedule an event.