Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Software
Read & Write
Read & Write is an innovative literacy software that supports reading fluency and comprehension, writing, studying and research.
Read & Write, is designed to help individuals of all ages, abilities and learning styles with tools including:
- Phonetic spell checker
- Concept mapper
- Fact finder
- Word prediction
- Voice note
- Vocabulary list builder
The customizable, easy-to-use toolbar seamlessly integrates with common applications including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Reader, and Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer web browsers.
- Open a Web browser and go to the NDSU Software Downloads site
- Enter your NDSU email address and password
- Under "Microsoft Windows" or "Apple Mac," click Read & Write
- Follow the instructions to download and install the software on your personal computer
- When prompted to enter an activation code, do NOT enter anything and instead click Activate to complete the process
A section that lists some best practices. This may be security related, some tips for avoiding common mistakes, or something else to keep the users on the rails.
Learn More/How To's
Typically a bulleted list of links to the most important documentation related to this solution.
Read & Write is a toolbar integration designed to help individuals with reading comprehension.
Read & Write offers text-to-speech, word prediction, and study tools to support individuals of all ages, abilities and learning styles