Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Polling
pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Known as Turning Point)
Below is an overview for instructors on pointsolutions and Blackboard.
Instructors must create an pointsolutions account in Blackboard before you are able to use it in the classroom. With an pointsolutions account, instructors can login to the application to start polls, manage session data, and view student responses.
Create an Account
- First step is to go to one of your Blackboard courses and go to tools along the left side in the green box
- Scroll down and along the right side you should see a link named pointsolutions Account Registration-NDSU, click that.
- It should direct you to enter your NDSU Username and password, this is auto filled based on your NDSU information so it should be correct. Check your email to find the verification. You will then be able to start teaching.
Note: Make sure to ALWAYS use your NDSU email when it prompts you for your email
Syncing Course and use the Course in pointsolutions
Note: Blackboard courses must be made available and stay available in order for this process to work.
Watch this brief pointsolutions Video
Follow these instructions each semester you use pointsolutions.
- Login to Blackboard
- Enter any course and make it available
- Click Tools / pointsolutions Account Registration
- Login to pointsolutions with your pointsolutions Account credentials
- This brings you to the Active Courses Tab within your instructor account
- Next Select the Blackboard Tab, you may be prompted to sign in to our Bb account. Once you have been authorized you will be redirected to the Active Courses.
- Select the Blackboard Tab and click ADD to the course you would like to use in pointsolutions. This moves it to the Active Courses Tab
Echo360 Software Versions
Classroom Receiver Channels
By default, pointsolutions clicker devices connect to "Channel 41". A specific channel is assigned to each room to prevent interference with pointsolutions clickers in use in other classrooms. Instructors must change the default channel setting in their pointsolutions application to the designated room channel before starting a clicker session. Students must also change the channel setting on their clicker device to the same channel the instructor's receiver uses in that classroom. Instructors should communicate the channel number to students before students begin responding. A complete list of the classroom channels can be found at https://kb.ndsu.edu/101725
Contact the NDSU Bookstore to make them aware students in your course require an pointsolutions clicker. Advise your students to purchase a clicker from the NDSU Bookstore. Students can find information about registering their clickers at pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Formerly Known as Turning Point) - Student Resources .